Wednesday, November 14, 2012

busy

Life is feeling very busy lately. Like, out-of-control, no time to savor the moments, kind of busy. Which leads to one stressed-out mommy. Our kids are in several activities right now. Audrey does dance two times a week. Liam does basketball two times a week. They both have weekly piano lessons and go to Awana on Tuesday nights. Liam has weekly speech therapy. And we all participate in a homeschool co-op on Fridays. Add to this homeschooling, errands, appointments, church, time with friends - and it feels like too much! Our schooling is more rushed. Our 'down-time' is almost non-existent. I don't remember the last time we had 'quiet time' - something my kids love as much as I do!

But I'm torn. I feel like because we homeschool, it's important that they are involved in activities. Time with friends. Instruction from other adults. Time away from me and their siblings. But I don't like what we've become. I'm more snappy. The kids are more snappy. Because let's face it - we're tired.

I'm not quite sure what the answer is. Our activities are all good things. But I feel like we're sacrificing His best for us on the altar of 'good things'. And it might be time to rethink this.

No comments: