Saturday, May 16, 2009

at last


The Oscarson family has needed a new car for quite awhile. Our 2002 Explorer had experienced some pretty major problems over the past couple years (4WD issues, rebuilt transmission, random electrical problems, and as of the last couple weeks - no A/C!). So we've been talking and praying about a new car for quite some time. And today was the day. We have a new 2009 Honda Pilot which we're hoping will last for many, many years!

These several months of driving a questionable car has just opened my eyes (once again!) to God's protection over us. Never once did it die while I was alone with the kids (my worst fear!). Never once were we completely stranded (although we did have to rely on Kylie to come pick us all up one time!). Every single time I arrived back home in my driveway I said a little prayer of thanksgiving for having made it back home safely. The verse I'm memorizing this week is 2 Cor. 12:9, "But he {the Lord} said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." God's power was clearly seen through our "weak" car!! And while we're thankful He's provided a new car for us, we are also thankful for the lessons we learned with the old one.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

WooHoo! What a snazzy rig! Oh wow! Does that sound like something Dad would say or what? Snazzy Rig! Congrats!

Jen said...

I like your snazzy rig. Did you find a sitter or did you shop for cars like I do? Find it and then go home and ask your husband to deal with all the hassle.