Wednesday, July 22, 2009

leaving a legacy

I have not been able to get this song by Nicole Nordeman out of my head since I first heard it a couple weeks ago. It has become my daily - no, hourly - prayer. I sing it loudly. I sing it quietly. I sing it with a smile. I sing it with tears. Oh - how I want to do this job well. I get caught up in the day-to-day busy of this life I lead. But it's so much more than changing diapers and kissing scrapes. It's leading these precious ones to their Father. And in the end, nothing else matters.

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough
to make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
who blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

1 comment:

~beautyandjoy~ said...

That is beautiful, Rachel!