Monday, October 4, 2010

word of the week

I decided to add vocabulary lessons to our schooling by choosing and posting a word of the week. (I actually got the idea from a great book we read, suggested by Misha, called The Boy Who Loved Words by Roni Schotter.) The goal is for each of us to try to use the word correctly at least once a day. Last week our family word was GUSTO which the kids had fun with. And today I posted and explained the word SUPERFLUOUS.

A few minutes ago Liam was in the bathroom and Ethan wandered in. I hear Liam yell, "Ethan, that is a superfluous amount of toilet paper!"

Love it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

that is a great idea! And a pretty funny story too!

~beautyandjoy~ said...

That is hysterical. Our kids chose rotund one week and I had no desire to hear how they would use that one at all. Luke usually has something to say about my backside. :)

Glad you liked that book. I thought you would!