Wednesday, August 22, 2012

home visit

Our home visit for our home study is scheduled for this coming Monday. I've known about it for five days now and we've gone a little crazy getting our house ready. And by crazy I just mean we've been doing all those little things that have been on my to-do list for years now. Like paint the kitchen. And the stairwell. And the front porch. And have the carpets cleaned. And organize/throw-away-tons-of-stuff from every room in our home. All in addition to some good old deep-cleaning. (By the way - if anyone wants to come visit us - now would be a good time. My house is really clean!)

From my phone conversations with our social worker I think I'm going to like her a lot. We have to pay for her time and travel to come up from Olympia so she's agreed to do all 6 hours of our home visit in ONE day. So while it will be one very long day - it will save us time and money in the long run. And for that I am very grateful.

So I'm off to paint. And clean. And paint some more!

No comments: