Thursday, September 6, 2012

the gift that keeps on giving...

Remember that nasty Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease my boys had in July? Well I tell you what - it is the gift that just keeps on giving. First a fever. Then blisters. Then the blisters popped and scabbed over. Then parts of the skin on their hands and feet peeled off in big, thick chunks. And now - their fingernails and toenails are coming off. I kid you not. They are coming off. It starts at the base of the nail and just pulls away from the skin. We're hoping they won't lose them all - but at this point the majority are headed that way. I had a little chat with our doctor and she says this is one of the more severe symptoms of this disease. Apparently a really bad case went around this year and we just happened to get it -- in ALL its glory.

 
I guess I should be thankful my boys are not nose-pickers. How on earth would they function with no fingernails??
 

No comments: