Tuesday, March 26, 2013

adoption update

I've been a bit quiet lately about our adoption. Truth be told - there is not much to talk about. At this time, we are just in the great big waiting period. And unless God decides to move mountains (which I totally believe He can) it is going to be a very long wait. Probably more like 3-4 years. This news has been an adjustment for me. A new timeline for our family. A new feeling of helplessness. New worries and frustrations.

But when I get overwhelmed I just have to keep coming back to truth. We know that God has called us to adopt. We know that he has called us to Ethiopia. We know that he has a daughter picked out for us and that she will arrive in our home at precisely the time He has determined. And in that, I will rest.

In the meantime, we pray. A lot. And we live frugally so we can build back up our savings account for the next round of adoption expenses. And we enjoy our current family and all the blessings He has given us.

1 comment:

JustJess said...

Amen! So much to be learned in the wait.