Friday, April 3, 2009

sick, sick, sick

Will we ever be well again?? I was feeling so confident that we'd made it through this winter very healthy. Then a few weeks ago we got colds. And then another cold. And then another cold. But I kept telling myself - they're just colds. It could be so much worse. Well it apparently is worse. Ethan now has RSV. Which I guess is essentially just a cold - but in infants can be dangerous. He wheezes when he breathes and coughs a lot. It's scary to watch his exhausted little body try to breathe. At his Dr. appointment yesterday she said that if he gets much worse he would need to be admitted to the hospital. They could give him oxygen to help him breathe and IV fluids. But so far - we're ok at home. Just the thought of the hospital scares me to death. But so does watching him work so hard to breathe. On the positive side he's still nursing ok. And he has moments when he seems like his old self so that's encouraging. Please keep us in your prayers. I'm just ready for us to be healthy again!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear how sick you guys have been! Please call me if you need something.

Courtney said...

Soon...soon...soon, this will be a distant memory. The sun will come back out...you'll be able to open the windows and let the fresh air run through your house...Ethan will be healthy and just as chubby and naughty (I know how much you love it when I call kids naughty =) as ever! You are a great mom and take such good care of your babies...trust your instincts...I love you!