Friday, March 2, 2012

pioneer days - weeks 6 & 7

Today was our last day of co-op for winter quarter. Boy that went fast! Last week we were gone so another teacher filled in for me. They read A Little House Birthday and Farmer Boy Birthday. Then they discussed birthdays back then and some of the possible gifts that would have been given. One idea I found was that they made items out of wood and painted them. So the kids painted little wooden bird houses to give away to someone as a gift.

This week we read Christmas in the Big Woods and then made two more gift ideas -- button necklaces and "woven" place mats.


I'm exhausted but it was a successful first quarter of co-op teaching. We're so thankful for this group and that we can be a part of it. Next quarter I'll be teaching a class I'm calling Math Club. Should be fun!

No comments: