Wednesday, December 17, 2008

snowed in

The kids and I are on Day 4 at home - so I'd say we're officially snowed in...and going a little crazy. They're predicting it will snow more today and tomorrow so this will likely continue through the rest of the week. We live on an icy hill with just one 4-wheel-drive car which Patrick needs to take to work, so here we are. Oh, and did I mention that the kids all have colds so we can't even play in the snow? Liam has had croup the last few nights. He's handling it well but I'm still wide awake every time I hear that barking cough. Ethan is experiencing his first cold and is not comfortable, as evidenced by his SIX night wakings the last two nights. I feel like I have a newborn, just with no adult help during the day and no chance of a nap in sight. Oh, and last night I started feeling that familiar tickle in my throat. Guess I've been coughed on one too many times.
Yes, I'm complaining. I'm tired and grumpy and getting a cold. What I wouldn't give for a sick day. It's been almost 6 years since I've had one but I remember it well. Snuggled up on the couch in front of the TV drifting in and out of sleep all day. Ahhhh.


UPDATE - 30 minutes later....what am I complaining about? The kids were thrilled when I told them preschool was cancelled and we get another day at home. They're up in Liam's room right now playing checkers and listening to Christmas music. Ethan just woke up with a big smile on his face, in spite of the dried snot under his nose. So if they're all so happy, what am I complaining about? God has promised to give me strength for each day - so I'll rest on that promise and take on another day.

No comments: