Friday, January 16, 2009

hiding those veggies

My friend Jen told me about a pumpkin muffin recipe years ago when our oldest kids were little. Since then, I've added to it (to make them even healthier) and now I make two batches each month, store them in the freezer, and the kids eat one every day. Yum! But I have to make them during 'quiet time' when they're in their rooms so they don't know everything that's in there!

1 1/2 c apple juice concentrate
1/4 c vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 c canned, unsweetened pumpkin
1 1/4 c raisins
1 c grated carrots
2 c raw spinach

Mix above ingredients in blender.

1 1/2 c whole-wheat flour
1/2 c wheat germ
1 c flaxseed meal
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients together. Then stir in mixture from blender. Pour into muffin cups and bake at 350 for 35 minutes.




Food update - huge victory! Everyone ate my lasagna tonight. Complete w/ whole-wheat noodles and lots of spinach. Even Liam (my biggest food challenge!). This has been much easier than I thought!

No comments: