Friday, January 16, 2009

see jane run

There's a great women's athletic store called See Jane Run in Boise, ID where my sister Kelly lives. She took me there when I visited last year and they were giving out free t-shirts (woo-hoo!) with a great little story on the back which they also have printed on the wall in the back of the store. I love it so I thought I'd share it.

Here's to you.

The broad-shouldered, the knock-kneed, the pigeon-toed, the small-breasted, the wide-hipped, the long-waisted, the short-legged, the stocky and the skinny. And yes, even the perfectly proportioned.

May you live long, enjoy dessert and never stop laughing.

Blisters heal. Muscles recover. Friendship lasts a lifetime. High heels have their place in the very back of the closet. If you can run a mile, you can run a marathon. There comes a time when you really need to replace your sports bra. No, really. Consider this. Only one person wins. Everyone else should have a rockin' good time. Yes, you can talk and run at the same time. Chewing gum is the hard part. A little chocolate goes a long way.

Be yourself.

There's a little bit of Jane in all of us.

No comments: